Saturday, September 28, 2013

It Doesn’t Get Easier, It Just Sucks Less


Good technique will take you a long way when you are dealing with CrossFit WODS. The more efficient you are and the better technique you have, the better you will be.....its as simple as that! It doesn't mean the workouts are easier, they just suck less :)
I focused on the snatch in the picture because thats what we did at our gym yesterday (CrossFit Gandview home of the 2010 CrossFit Games champion). I think the Snatch is one of the more difficult movements performed in CrossFit. I can can tell my form has gotten better because I can do unbroken sets which makes a difference in the WOD. It took some time to get down the form and I'm STILL perfecting it, but my point is I was always strong enough but I was missing the technique. Efficiency in your technique will go a long way. Practice moving lighter loads first then move up in weight. #PerfectPractice

I pulled this excerpt from an article written by Larry Palazzolo Delaware Valley Xfit. The longer you immerse yourself in the suck, the less it sucks. You get stronger, build a greater aerobic capacity, and become mentally tough. All of these aspects, combined with experience, allow you to know when to push yourself and when to back off, so that you can attack each workout to the best of your ability. Soon, you’ll come to love the beat downs. Much like Kevin Bacon in Animal House, you’ll be screaming, “Thank you sir! May I have another?” Well, maybe not. But you get the point (Larry
Palazzolo).
Heres a link to the article: http://crossfitdelawarevalley.com/2011/01/27/10-tips-for-success-for-the-crossfit-newbie/
I think this is a great article and will give you valuable information especially if you are new to CrossFit.


Check out the video below: Rich Froning performing 300 # SNATCH. (watch his form!)
"I missed 290, but I knew it was just because of technique, and not strength, and I knew I could get 300," Rich Froning said after snatching 300 pounds.








Get Active and Stay active. Leave your workouts getting a little better each time. Don't worry about your weight, get the technique down first. Check your ego at the door. 


www.MinorFit.net

No comments:

Post a Comment