Sunday, August 11, 2013

Don't cheat yourself, Get better each day

"Don't cheat yourself, get better each day" I've heard these words a million times whether it be from my father growing up or into my college years playing baseball at Indiana University. I think this saying can be applied to CrossFit as well. Although, CrossFit has grown tremendously it's still fairly new. I joined CrossFit 6 months ago and absolutely love it. I'm familiar with a lot of the movements from having an athletic background but by no means have I mastered them. Having a background in gymnastics will also give you an advantage if you are deciding to join. Moreover, CrossFit is a great way to stay in shape and the variance of the workouts will keep your muscles and mind from becoming stagnant. I think no matter what sport you are participating in, CrossFit training will give you an advantage, if you are training properly. Not everyone will make the CrossFit games but you can still track your progress with the top athletes and strive each day to become better. There are a lot of solid athletes at the CrossFit gym I belong too (Grandview) and I've learned a lot from watching them. And not to mention, we are being coached by Graham Holmberg, who won the 2010 CrossFit games, Brandon Couden and other great coaches. It gets competitive there and thats one of the reasons I enjoy it, I'm not playing sports anymore so I need something to fuel that competitive desire. CrossFit challenges your athletic ability, it will push your cardiovascular limits and WILL make you stronger. Furthermore, once you learn the basic movements and the correct form you will be able to increase in weight so don't get frustrated when just starting out. Check your ego at the door and really make sure you understand the technique/form completely. This will only help you as you progress through the workouts. In closing..."Don't cheat yourself." Learn and grow with each CrossFit workout and you will be well on your way to becoming more physically fit and a well rounded athlete.


Check out the links below: 
Your Nutrition is the MOST important factor in gaining the lean muscle you deserve

CLICK HERE TO LOSE FAT NOW!!

THE TRUTH ABOUT GAINING MUSCLE AND YOUR DIET!!



"Diet should be first before weights because If you're going to go on and gruel yourself down with weight training and not have a proper diet, you're wasting your time" -Jay Cutler 4 Times Mr. Olympia Champion

Shop Now Rogue Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment